|Company Name:||Genesis Personnel Limited (’Genesis Personnel Limited’)|
Data Protection Officer - Moira Murawiecka
Data Protection Controller - Steph Wemyss
|Document DP5A:||Privacy Notice (when personal data is obtained from the data subject)|
|Date:||1st May 2018|
Genesis Personnel Limited is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Genesis Personnel Limited must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Genesis Personnel Limited acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Genesis Personnel Limited directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Genesis Personnel Limited must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Genesis Personnel Limited will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
b. Legitimate interest
Where Genesis Personnel Limited has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Set out the legitimate interest for processing the data
c. Recipient/s of data
Genesis Personnel Limited will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- HMRC Revenue & Customs
- Any other relevant purposes for processing personal data including any associated Payroll 3rd party agencies or Governing bodies.
d. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- We would not be able to assist you with finding either temporary or permanent assignments or pay your wages where applicable.
2. Overseas Transfers
Genesis Personnel Limited may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
3. Data retention
Genesis Personnel Limited will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Genesis Personnel Limited has obtained your consent to process your personal/and sensitive personal data/specify which personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Genesis Personnel Limited will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Genesis Personnel Limited will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal] data.
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data Genesis Personnel Limited processes on you;
• The right of access to the personal data Genesis Personnel Limited processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Genesis Personnel Limited processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Moira Murawiecka, Data Protection Officer or Steph Wemyss, Data Protection Controller.
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Moira Murawiecka, Data Protection Officer or Steph Wemyss, Data Protection Controller on 01779 476311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby give my consent to Genesis Personnel to process the following information:
- Name, Date of Birth, Contact details, Telephone number, Email address, Postal address, Experience, Training and qualifications, CV, National insurance number and any other relevant personal data
Sensitive personal data
- Disability/health condition relevant to the role, Criminal conviction and any other relevant sensitive personal data
I consent Genesis Personnel processing the above personal data for the following purposes:
- For Genesis Personnel to provide me with work-finding services. For Genesis Personnel to process or transfer my personal data to their clients to provide me with work-finding services. For Genesis Personnel to process my data on a computerised database provided by Access RDB to provide me with work-finding services. And any other relevant purposes for processing personal data including any associated Payroll 3rd party agencies and HM Revenue & Customs.
I also consent to Genesis Personnel processing my personal data with third parties including The REC for the purposes of internal audits and investigations carried out on Genesis Personnel to ensure that Genesis Personnel is complying with all relevant laws and obligations.
The consent I give to Genesis Personnel will last for 7 years .
I am aware that I have the right to withdraw my consent at any time by informing Genesis Personnel that I wish to do so.